Nick Moran – Top 5 take aways from his interview with David Horowitz
- Corporate venture is really all about external innovation and bringing companies in from the outside to successfully impact the corporation.
- After building up a lot of expertise and experience, David felt that they could build a firm that effectively provides fund management to large companies while also helping them get to professionally managed corporate venture a lot faster, which ultimately lead to the founding of Touchdown Ventures.
- Overall there has been a lot of momentum and growth in the Corporate Venture space within the last 5 years – in the US over half of the capital in venture came from CVCs.
- Their thesis at Touchdown is to provide a combination of the venture capital experience with professional management, while still operating much like a traditional VC and adhering to those best practices.
- To be successful in Corporate Venture, David believes its important to have both VC and CVC experience. He states that the corporate management pieces really de-risks a Corporate VC and helps them to be successful.
Listen here for the full podcast